Whenever there is a power cut-off or power failure because of any other reason, it is the generators, which provide the necessary power to all your electrical appliances including fans, tube-lights, etc. But you have to take certain precautions while using generators in order to avoid fire, electrical and explosion vulnerability and accidents.
Generators prove to be a very useful device in case of power failures. But you must take some safety measures while using this amazing device so that no harm is caused to you and your loved ones. Here are a few safety tips, which you must consider while using generators.
- To start with ensure that installation of generator as well as its repair and maintenance are always done according to the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations. Perkins dealer in UAE provides all the necessary assistance to their customers in this regard.
- Also, inspect your generator regularly and if you find any of the parts to be defective or damaged then replace those parts without any delay to avoid mishaps and generator’s smooth working.
- Make sure that the area around your generator is absolutely clean and have no combustible material which can prove to be hazardous.
- It is crucial that you always install a good quality exhaust system in the generator room and provide adequate ventilation. Also, make certain that emissions are directed away from the inhabited zones.
- The operating personnel should remain alert 24X7 while operating the generator. Never open or dismantle your unit while it is functioning. Also, remove the battery cables from the generator before you start working on it.
- The wire and cords which you use for your generator need to be of the recommended capacity only and that they are properly insulated and covered. Avoid touching these electrical connections with bare hands or when they are in contact with water.
- You must also make it a point to turn off power and voltage supplies while installing or servicing the generator.
- Avoid smoking in the proximity of the generator as it may result in some serious fire hazard.
- Finally, the wattage recommended by the generator manufacturer should in no circumstances be crossed to avoid any damage to the generator.
Though, it is not difficult to find a hazard-free generator in Dubai, still you must take the above mentioned safety precautions for your safety as well as the safety of other people around you.